Efficient UX Research Recruiting w/ Varun Murugesan
24 Aug 2021
We chat with Varun Murugesan about how about how to tailor the UX research recruiting experience to be as efficient as possible for you and your team.
Varun is a Research Manager at BestBuy, and also co-founder and Head of Research at Apple & Banana. He was previously a UX Researcher at Facebook.
With Varun we discuss:
- Being realistic about the right number of participants for your project (a “scalpel” vs a “shotgun”)
- Clearly defining who your participants should be by their experiences (not their demographics)
- Navigating stakeholder relationships to understand research needs
- The difference between tactical and strategic research and how it affects participant recruiting
- Figuring out what “levers” you can pull to create a more flexible
- Leveraging Sales and Support as partners in contacting customers
- The importance of mapping out and planning the research participant experience